Leading Edge is pleased to announce open applications for Cohort Three of the CEO Onboarding Program, a leadership development experience focused on the unique challenges and opportunities of leading in the Jewish organizational world. Participants in this competitive program will enhance their executive skills and strengthen their leadership in the American Jewish community during the critical, initial period at the helm of an organization.
“For great leaders, learning is an ongoing endeavor,” said Leading Edge President and CEO Gali Cooks. “Through this program, we aim to provide CEOs who are early in their tenures with the support, resources, and peer network that will help them develop their leadership further and lead meaningful change in their organizations and the Jewish world more broadly.”
The 15-month-long CEO Onboarding Program is open to CEOs in their first 24 months of leading a Jewish nonprofit. Key components of the program include:
- A cohort of approximately 15 peers who support each other through leadership challenges and share expertise, inspiration, and advice as they navigate their organizations through change.
- Four in-person convenings, including an opportunity to study at the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) and an Israel experience that serves as a leadership laboratory focused on navigating complex conversations.
- A facilitated 360-review process, where team members, board members, and colleagues share their reflections on working with the CEO.
- Working with an Executive Coach who supports the CEO over the course of the program by helping them further actualize their potential as a leader.
- Emphasis on empowering participants to be “chief culture officers” and exploring how to successfully lead organizations that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Opportunities and frameworks for participants to connect their leadership with Jewish Values, hone their leadership voice, and tell their stories.
The application process is open until Thursday, March 28, 2019. Decisions will be announced by June 2019 and the first gathering of Cohort Three will take place in October 2019.
All CEOs who have previously participated in the program indicated that it improved their leadership skills and that having a cohort of fellow CEOs has been crucial to their ability to thrive as leaders.
For more information about the program, contact Mordy Walfish, COO of Leading Edge at [email protected]